In a world enamored with violent power over others, ensuring security for only some, Christopher Mack shares an alternative empire defying wisdom from those on the margins. [2 Kings 5:1-14]
- Where might you glimpse God in the surprises, setbacks, and ordinary moments of your life?
- How might you listen to the wisdom of the marginalized this week?
- How can you mirror Jesus’ relationship to power and the powerless?
- Poem: Start Close In by David Whyte
- Visual Art: Stars and Bars by Hank Willis Thomas
- Prayer: The Romero Prayer by Bishop Ken Untener